You are sick
That you have tried everything to improve your quality of life
That in the Netherlands, the treatment options are now exhausted
However, there are treatment options abroad, but they seem out of reach due to the cost
To offer help in this situation “Lichtgevend” Foundation was established in Eindhoven (also known as The City of Light) in 2020.
The Foundation aims to (provide assistance in) generating money to support people who:
- Have a (rare) disease or condition.
- No longer have treatment options available in the Netherlands.
- Can undergo recognized treatment(s) available abroad.
- Have a reasonable chance of success.
- Will incur costs that are not reimbursed by the insurance, such as medical costs, travel and accommodation costs.
Help can include, for example:
- Generating money
- Helping to find alternatives
- Support in contact with insurance company
“Lichtgevend” is a Dutch word meaning: luminous or radiant. Literally “Giving Light” and in the context of het foundation, light is also a metaphor for hope.
KvK (Chamber of Commerce) number: 78437113
Lichtgevend Foundation has ANBI (Algemeen Nut Beogende Instelling), charitable status.